Saturday 1 December 2012

Countdown to New Beginnings

Well here we are already on the first day of December; I can't believe how fast November went by. I didn't get to post as much as I would have liked to, but it was a pretty hectic month running Ravenloft on Wednesdays, learning & teaching Edge of the Empire on Sunday and playing in Dresden Files on Fridays, with minor planning for GottaCon in between, plus holidays, birthdays, staff parties, work, and the season-inspired exhaustion.

I don't suppose that I'm going to get many entries up this month either. Aside from the blog I've been neglecting several other more important things. Like shopping. And cleaning the house. I'm going to do that one after this entry.

I'm writing this as a reminder that now is the perfect time to work on a retrospective on the gaming this past year and a look forward to the new year and what it will bring. So that'll be my goal this holiday month.

Next weekend the Missus' and I are heading up island for an early holiday weekend with the family, so hopefully on my downtime there I can get some of it done.

Now, on to recent news:

FATE CORE!
Erhmagerd! FEHRT!
Fred Hicks and Evil Hat Productions are putting up a kickstarter sometime early this month to release the FATE rules as a core system! This is awesome because although FATE has numerous games built from its rules, there is no available basic rule-set that one can use to create their own FATE-powered games unless you use a system reference document or reverse-engineer a FATE game.

I'm totally going to be supporting this kickstarter when it launches. :D

Cheers! ;{١

No comments:

Post a Comment